The administrator of the ND Breeders' Fund is Sally Dasinger of ProAssist Plus LLC. She can be contacted at the following numbers:
Cell Phone: 701-202-5153
All application forms, registration forms and payments need to be mailed to the ND Racing Commission Office. Links to the forms are at the bottom of this page.
ND Breeders' Fund
ND Racing Commission
500 North 9th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
Breed Fund Registration Change for 2017
Per action of the Commission at the April 21 meeting, the Breed Fund registration holiday schedule for foals will end December 31, 2016. Beginning January 1, 2017 foal registration shall be in accordance with Admin. Rule 69.5-01-09-02(4) which provides:
- Registrations postmarked no later than December 31 of the foaling year shall be $10
- Registrations postmarked after December 31 of the foaling year shall be $1,000
- No registrations will be accepted for a horse that is two-years-old or older
This return to the letter of our regulations is intended to prevent possible fraud and support investigation of foal registrations to protect the North Dakota horsemen's Breed Fund. Please make sure to send in your foal registrations promptly and contact Breed Fund Administrator, Sally Dasinger at 701-751-0809 with any questions.
2017 ND Bred Program
$225,000 has been made available by the ND Racing Commission from the ND Breed Fund to provide breeders awards for 2017 in-state racing. The in-state minimum guaranteed Breed Fund pool of $150,000 has been extended an additional year through 2020.
Due to the lack of racing opportunities in North Dakota, Standardbreds have been awarded the following eligible in-state dates for 2017: July 14 through August 6 (Running Aces in Minnesota) and November 3 through November 19 (Cal Expo in California).
$50,000 has been made available by the ND Racing Commission from the ND Breed Fund to provide breeders awards for ND-breds racing in out-of-state races. The following rules apply:
- Points will be awarded January 1 through June 9 and July 31 through December 31, 2017;
- No out-of-state points will be awarded for races held June 10 through July 30, 2017;
- Distributions shall be in accordance with current in-state rules;
- It is the responsibility of the foal/mare/stallion owner to provide the Commission with out-of-state race results;
- Only official race results from Equibase, Daily Racing Form, or Trueform Racing Services will be accepted and must be sent to the ND Racing Commission Office;
- All results must be postmarked no later than January 2, 2018.
Eligibility for "Back to Back" Racing
Any horse that is eligible for breed fund points in a race may not again be eligible to receive points for a period of four (4) days from that race. For example, horses racing Saturday would not again be eligible until Thursday. This is an equine welfare rule implemented by the Commission to dis-incentivize "back to back" racing. This rule is applicable to in-state and out-of-state racing for all breeds.
Effective January 1, 2016: Pursuant to Administrative Rule 69.5-01-09-02(4)(g) a foal registered by an owner who does not reside in North Dakota must be inspected by a North Dakota state-licensed veterinarian at the expense of the owner. A copy of the Racing Commission’s Veterinarian Certificate for Out-of-State Owners form can be found below. While enforcement of this rule may have been lax in the past, the rule will be strictly enforced for any foals registered on or after January 1, 2016. Any registration for a foal with an out-of-state owner not accompanied by the certificate of inspection will be rejected.
Effective January 1, 2015: all broodmares must be registered as a broodmare before foaling a ND-bred eligible horse.
See Rule 69.5-01-09-01 (3)